You need to have a reliable air conditioning system in your home. If your unit needs to be repaired you want to get it fixed as soon as possible. Likewise, if your AC needs to be replaced, you shouldn’t delay this service either. Alltek Services is going to be able to provide you with the services you need to help keep you cool.
The key here is knowing what to contact us for. Do you need to repair a problem in your AC system or is it time to start fresh with a full replacement? We can help you answer that question so you can get the services you need when you need them.
How to Tell You Need an AC Repair
Is something up with your air conditioner? If so, you should get it repaired sooner than later. Be wary of some of these key things that indicate you need to schedule a repair:
- Strange sounds: Rattling, banging, hissing, and screeching are all problematic noises to hear coming from your AC. Make sure to get these sounds taken care of.
- Reduced cool air: Your AC should produce a reliable stream of cool air. If yours isn’t doing so, you should get your unit fixed so that you can get comfortable again.
- High energy bill: An air conditioner in need of repair is going to start using extra energy to try to get the job done. Watch your energy bills and if you see an unexplained increase, reach out to us.
Are you noticing these issues along with some others? That may mean that it is time for a replacement.
When It Is Time for an AC Replacement
If you need to get your air conditioner replaced, you don’t want to delay getting the job done. Be on the alert for the following problems to figure out if you need to schedule a replacement service:
- Your system is too old. An air conditioner that is well taken care of is likely to last between 10 and 15 years. If your AC is getting close to that 15-year mark, or it has already passed it, you will need a replacement soon.
- There is no cold air. If your AC isn’t able to produce any cold air at all, that isn’t good. A reduction in cold air production may signal repair but no cold air at all means you need to replace your air conditioner.
- Your AC uses R-22. An air conditioner that still uses R-22 refrigerant will need to be replaced in the near future. If you get a refrigerant leak it will be extremely expensive or impossible to get the recharge you need. Instead, you should plan for replacing your system with one that uses R410-A.
Schedule Your Service Today
Alltek Services can provide the repairs or replacement that you need. We serve residents in Killeen, TX and the surrounding areas by providing services that keep them comfortable. If something is wrong with your system, you will want to schedule those AC services in Killeen as soon as you can.