There are plenty of things that can kill the mood when you are trying to make an evening romantic. Your home comfort can be one of them. While cold weather might help encourage cuddling if it gets too cold the only thing people will want to do is layer up.
Don’t let an icy indoor environment mess with your Valentine’s Day! If you are starting to worry because your heater has been giving you warning signs, now is a great time to get your system checked out. You can reach out to the team at Alltek Services to get your heater checked and even get a heater repair in Killeen, TX if it is needed.
5 Ways to Determine You Need Heater Repairs
If something is wrong with your heater, the sooner you get it taken care of the better off your comfort will be. Here are some warning signs that you should watch and listen for to determine if it would be a good idea to schedule repairs.
- Your heater is making weird noises. The whoosh of air from your vents and even a little bit of crackling at the end of a heating cycle can be normal to hear. There are many other noises that aren’t so normal though. Reach out to a professional if you notice your heater making any concerning sounds like hissing, rattling, clanking, screeching, or even booming.
- It takes a lot longer to heat up the house. Your heater should be able to make short work of warming up the house. But have you noticed that your system is taking longer and longer to wrap up its heating cycle? A heater that is taking extra time to get its job done likely needs a helping hand to get it working properly again.
- Your energy bills are increasing. Using your heater will impact your energy bills because, well, you are using electricity and possibly fuel. It shouldn’t create a huge impact though. If you notice large spikes on your energy bill when you use your heater, it means something is wrong and you should consider having a professional check things out.
- Airflow from the heater is weak. The flow of air from your heater may be warm in temperature but there could be a different problem with it–there is barely any airflow to speak of! If this is the case, contact a technician to figure out what is hindering the airflow into or out of your heating system.
- There are strange smells. Your nose knows when something isn’t right. Don’t try to brush off concerning smells that kick up when you run your heater. These could be indicators of issues within your system that can cause major trouble down the road.
Having a heater that isn’t working quite right isn’t something to ignore. The issue certainly won’t get better and will only end up costing you more money. Don’t delay! Save your comfort and your Valentine’s Day plans by scheduling repairs ASAP.