Sure, winters here in Texas aren’t all that crazy, but regardless, you deserve to own an awesome heating system, and by awesome, we mean a furnace. See, these systems are incredibly efficient, highly effective, and quite durable!
Of course, installing a new heating system in your home can be quite overwhelming, which is why we’ve created our own little guide for you below. All you have to do is keep reading to find out more (and yes, make sure to call us for your furnace installation in Killeen, TX.)
Just Follow These Steps!
Welcome to our Not-So-Complete Guide to Furnace Installation. Just follow these steps and you are well on your way to enjoying a brand-new furnace.
Step One: Replace Your Current Furnace
The first step in installing a new furnace is knowing when to replace your existing system. Consider replacing your furnace if:
- It’s old: Although built to last, the average lifespan of a furnace is anywhere between 10-15 years. If your furnace has aged beyond this life expectancy, it might just be time for a replacement.
- It requires frequent repair: Your furnace should not require more than just a couple of repairs every few years. So, if you have found yourself calling for repairs any more than that, it might be that your system is simply worn out.
- You are paying more for heat: We recommend keeping a close eye on your heating bills because a steady rise in heating costs indicates that your system is no longer efficient.
- You notice a lack of heat: The primary role of your furnace is to keep your home warm and cozy, so if it is unable to keep up with your heating demands, why bother?
Step Two: Choose Your New System
After you’ve decided to replace your current furnace, it is time to select the make and model of furnace that will best meet your needs. No matter what, though, it is important to choose a high-efficiency system, as this will save you both time and money on repairs and utility bills.
In addition, you will have to select which fuel source you will use:
- Gas furnaces: Natural gas is highly efficient, inexpensive, and widely available, so consider this option if you live in a home with access to natural gas lines.
- Electric furnaces: Although more expensive, electricity is highly efficient, making it a great choice if you live in an area where it is relatively cheap.
Step Three: Professional Installation
After you’ve selected the best furnace for your home, it is time to have it professionally sized and installed. Trust us, only a professional HVAC technician has the tools, training, and expertise to carefully replace your old system and put a new one in its place. Remember, when it comes to your comfort, you don’t want to take any risks — hiring a professional is the way to go!
Ready to install a new furnace in your home? Great! All you have to do is contact the team at Alltek Services Heating & Air Conditioning today to get started.